The purpose of this page is to build a Mach-Zehnder Interferometer (MZI).
- Laser He-Ne 16 mW.
- mounted on a XY stage to center the beam.
Lens 1, version 1:
Lens 1, version 2 (90$):
Lens 1, version 3 (130$):
About the choice of the pinhole:
\[D_o = F \lambda/a\]
where F = focal, lambda = wavelength, a = initial diameter). Here, we have F = 18.5mm; lambda = 632 nm; a = 1mm gives 12µm. Thorlabs recommend 30% higher. So, 15 µm.
- Lens mount with XY translation CXY2
- Pinhole 15 um P15S <--- 1' mount!
- SM1 to SM2 SM2A6
Eventually : Pinhole 30 um P30S
First beam splitter (where the beam comes out):
Second beam splitter (where the beam comes in):
- We thank Pierre Colinet for suggesting the MZI.
- We thank Irène Wang and Joseph Gallagher for helping us to make the best choice for the various optical components presented here.
- This page has been realized by François Ingremeau and François Boulogne.